« Home | A few more pictures of the plot. » | New Music. » | Grinning Idiots 2,3,4 wheels show 2007 » | How to 'Paint' the Mona Lisa in MS Paint. » | First pickings from the allotment! » | Get your FREE JOOST invites here! » | Happy Star Wars Day! » | Plot picture. » | Allotment update. » | My old school. » 

Sunday, July 01, 2007 

July 1st - Smoking ban in England.

Ireland had theirs first followed by Scotland then Wales. Today marks the day where England finally plays catchup and introduces a smoking ban in public places.
I remember Wales' passing by with no problem what-so-ever and being an ex-smoker myself, remember coming home from a night out not feeling grubby and my clothes not stinking of smoke for the first time.

I cannot believe the fuss surrounding the ban in England and the ammount of advertising by the NHS on the lead up to the ban, which must have cost a small fortune of the already strained budget.

Just get on with it England.

Labels: