« Home | It's SNOWING!!! :) » | Computer maintenance cont.........................! » | Mia the nationalist. Aged 3 months. » | Computer maintenance cont... » | Computer maintenance. » | Google Earth Coincedance. » | Hello. Hallo. Bonjour. Witaj. Halloo. こんにちは. » | A tattoo is for life not just for Christmas. » | Happy St. Dwynwen's Day! » | Caldicot Castle. » 

Monday, February 12, 2007 

Fake tilt shifting.

The term 'tilt shifting' is an effect used by photographers with an angled lens. It alters the perpective of the photograph and can make an ordinary view look model-like or miniture.

The effect can be easily created in Photoshop with pictures already taken.

Here is my first attempt:
My first attempt at fake tilt shifting
(Click for larger view)

The key to a good end result is to remember that one looks at a model from above, therefore it is essential that the source picture is taken from a higher point looking down onto the subject. Strong shadows also help.

Here is my second attempt using a picture of the Celtic Manor resort.

Before:
Celtic Manor Original
(Click for larger view)

After:
Celtic Manor tilt Shifted
(Click for larger view)

Labels: ,


About me

  • I'm Kayle Garkut
  • From Risca, South Wales, United Kingdom
My profile
Powered by Blogger
and Blogger Templates

Hit Counters


Random Image:
Random image that I change from time to time